The Parish of Gwinear-Gwithian lies in the west of Cornwall, in the former Penwith District. The Parish covers 2,977 hectares, and stretches from the coastline at Godrevy Point down to Fraddam, incorporating the villages of Gwithian, Gwinear, Connor Downs, Carnhell Green, and the hamlets of Fraddam, Wall, Reawla, Roseworthy, and Upton Towans.
The Parish is bordered by Camborne Parish to the north-east, by Hayle Parish to the west, St Erth Parish to the south-west, and Crowan Parish to the south. The civil parishes of Gwinear and Gwithian were combined to form the parish of Gwinear-Gwithian in 1934.
Information about planning permission in the parish with links to online applications.
Latest Council & Community News
Recruitment to Cornwall Council Standards Committee
Surfers Against Sewage have designed a free to use app which is the only national real-time water quality service that protects all water users from pollution. The pioneering service alerts water users when sewer overflows discharge untreated human sewage into the sea...