Cornwall Council – Bank Holiday Advice – Accidents & Minor Injuries

May 26, 2016 | Parish News

You don’t have to go to the emergency department to fix sprains and strains

Don’t spend your bank holiday waiting in the emergency department to get sprains, strains and broken bones fixed – head straight for your nearest Minor Injury Unit (MIU) or Urgent Care Centre. Whether you’ve injured yourself with an over-enthusiastic football tackle in the park, or hammered your thumb doing the DIY, doctors and nurses there can treat you far quicker, leaving you to enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

There is a 24-hour Urgent Care Centre at West Cornwall Hospital in Penzance and another at Camborne Redruth Community Hospital, which is open from 11am to 7pm.

Minor injury units in Bodmin; Camborne Redruth; Falmouth; Helston; Launceston; Liskeard; Newquay; St Austell; St Barnabas; St Mary’s (Isles of Scilly); and Stratton community hospitals treat cuts, burns, sprains, broken limbs and strains, as well as treatment for minor illness. They are open in the evening and at weekends and offer free parking. Visit for opening times.

To view the rest of this bulletin, please click here : Image (105)


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles:

GGSCF Community Funding Round Open  

GGSCF Community Funding Round Open  

GGSCF Community Funding Round Open GGSCF is a benefit charity which offers funding to the parish for local projects which improve the sustainability of the community.  If a local group has a project that needs cash funding, GGSCF funding round is open and inviting...

Parish Council Grants available to local organisations

Parish Council Grants available to local organisations

GRANT NOTICE 2021 Gwinear-Gwithian Parish Council customarily considers requests from local community groups for small grants for specific projects at a meeting in November.  Completed applications should be sent to the Clerk at the Parish Council Office to arrive no...